ON-LINE ZOOM with TIM BROOKS
8th June @ 7:45 pm - 9:00 pm
A very welcome return to one of our most popular local artists.
Tim Brooks has been performing and writing songs since the early 1970’s, but recent retirement has enabled him to spend more time at Folk Clubs and Festivals. His solo repertoire is a mix of traditional/traditional-style songs and fiddle tunes, mostly from the British Isles, but with other influences mixed in. Tim’s songwriting credits include “The Devil in York” and “So Far From Home”, both of which have been performed and recorded by several other artists, not least by Jim Mageean and the late, great, Johnny Collins. Tim accompanies himself on fiddle, guitar and occasional other instruments. His playing style is firmly rooted in dance, influenced not only from his early days of playing for Puddleduck, The Rose and Shamrock Ceilidh Band, Happenstance, Gizmo, The Gallows Hillbillies, Herga Morrismen and the Haddenham Hoofers, but also more recently for Tappalachian, step dancer Kerry Fletcher, and his latest ceilidh band ‘Threadneedle’.
To attend, please email email@example.com with June 8 as the message title and we’ll send you the access code and password a day or two before the event.
- You will need a Windows, Mac, iPad or Android device with a camera, microphone and speakers.
- All tablets, Macs and Windows laptops should get you in
- Desktop PCs may need external webcams, microphones and speakers.
- You don’t need to install Zoom, the link will allow you to participate via the Zoom web pages.
- If you have Zoom installed, please ensure it has been upgraded to version 5 or higher.
- There are tweaks that need to be made to the audio settings in Zoom to stop it treating accompanying instruments as background noise
Details of what to do and how to do it will come with your access code.
As our venue at the White Hill Centre is closed until further notice, we will be updating this Website with any ON-LINE events that are scheduled in the future. Our ‘Monthly Newsletter’ will also keep you up to date with what’s happening at the club. To subscribe to our mailing list, go to the ‘Home Page’ on this website.