- This event has passed.
ON-LINE ZOOM FEATURE with JON BICKLEY plus SINGAROUND
30th November @ 7:45 pm - 10:30 pm
We are delighted that Jon has agreed to do a Zoom Feature spot. His music is always evolving and I’m sure we are in for a treat.
The first half of the evening will be Jon, the second half a general singaround.
Jon Bickley is a folksinger, a songwriter and a poet who also presents The Invisible Folk Club podcast and radio show. During lockdown he has been working on an Arts Council funded project researching lacemaking in Beds, Bucks and Northants. Lacemakers used to make up songs to sing while they worked. Some of these “tells” survived and Jon has headed a project joining Catherine Earnshaw and Gemma Khawaja in setting some of these tells to new music. He also wrote a play for the project. His previous Arts Council project was to write new songs and music and to direct a film to be included in The Higgins Bedford Museum’s Under the Same Sky exhibition which is currently showing. A new album called Under the Same Sky will be released in January 2021.
“Jon Bickley is a fine songwriter. well crafted songs.” R2
“Engaging original compositions.” fRoots
“persuasive takes on traditional folk material.” fRoots
1918 is “one of his best collections yet.” fRoots
To attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Nov 30 as the message title and we’ll send you the access code and password a day or two before the event.
- You will need a Windows, Mac, iPad or Android device with a camera, microphone and speakers.
- All tablets, Macs and Windows laptops should get you in
- Desktop PCs may need external webcams, microphones and speakers.
- You don’t need to install Zoom, the link will allow you to participate via the Zoom web pages.
- If you have Zoom installed, please ensure it has been upgraded to version 5 or higher.
- There are tweaks that need to be made to the audio settings in Zoom to stop it treating accompanying instruments as background noise
Details of what to do and how to do it will come with your access code.